Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
September 21, 2018, 12:13:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: දෙහෙනකන්දෙන් සිරිපා කරුණාකර උඩමාලිබොඩෙන  (Read 2692 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »

This trip report is now available in Lakdasun Trip Report archive at - http://trips.lakdasun.org/sri-pada-from-dehenakanda-to-udamaliboda.htm

Enjoy reading.. You can use this thread for comments and queries.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »

Hi Niro
Wow, amazing hike and you've done it fairly quickly too. Guess the good weather had been a real blessing. I know at this time you're doing more strenuous hikes in Nepal and this must've been a good practice run.
The details are superb and love the pics. Been planning to do this trail ever since Ashan, Mithila and the gang did it.
Cheers

Tony

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:19:53 AM »

Hi Niro....

Excellent route selection and a very good trip report as usual... I really enjoyed reading the report..

Cheers!!!

Tony

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
KasunDes
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:01:16 AM »

Hello Niroshan,

A wonderful journey and done in very quick time..! I know, you are a marathon hiker. but doing both these trails in two days is certainly remarkable.
btw, is that Mahawali river..? it is a feeder of the Batthulu Oya isn't it? I thought it flows to Kelani river.
anyway, thanks for sharing nice report with lovely photos.

BR,
Kasun
Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:14:24 AM »

Hi Niroshan

Great achievement, we did this last year, and it was really tough going for me (my backpack was too heavy), but enjoyed every bit of it.

Sheham
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18:40 AM »

hi Niro
nice adventure, now this journey is a tough one both trails are not easy at all. as sri said good weather has blessed you.
thanks for the nice report too.
@Kasun
btw, is that Mahawali river..? it is a feeder of the Batthulu Oya isn't it? I thought it flows to Kelani river.
locals just call it mahaweli river (its just another name to this river)

@Sheham
and it was really tough going for me (my backpack was too heavy), but enjoyed every bit of it.
yeah your back pack was too heavy for us  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rgds
A

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
Harishchandra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:11 AM »

Hi Niroshan,
A wonderful adventurous and really tough hike done real quick time. A nice descriptive trip report also. Thanks for sharing.
Isn't it the same river (Baththulu oya) that is flowing near Fishing Huts according to the Google Earth trail map ?
BR
Harish

If you really love nature, it will always protect you!
Wije

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »

Hi Niroshan,
Nice adventure.
Very interesting report with some wonderful pictures.
Hope you are doing well in Nepal at the moment.
All the best,
BR,
Wije
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »

Hi Niro

Mind Blowing Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Refreshed some golden memories of mine.It was my Hit journey last year.
You are becoming a toughest hikerinthis forum . Doing these tough trails in a single journey is quite amazing Shocked Shocked
Me and sheham werethe main culprits of being hacked thoughout the journey Grin Grin .He had brought a back pack of 14+ kgs and finally i ahve to take his tent and others also carring most probably two back packs....
and it's nodoubt 14 hr journey to reach the summit Smiley Smiley
Nice pictures as always
An very important Paper cutting too....
Thanks for the share

cheers

HARi

The Way You Think, You Become
Danushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 04:10:21 AM »

Awesome trip Niroshan, I m tempting to attempt them.

Cheers!
D

Danushka Senadheera - Inspiring Moments
http://dsinspiringmoments.com
Athula

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 06:34:11 AM »

HI Niroshan,

Nice selection of routes..excellent photos..

Thanks for sharing

Regards

Athula
Niroshan
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »

Hi Niro
Wow, amazing hike and you've done it fairly quickly too. Guess the good weather had been a real blessing. I know at this time you're doing more strenuous hikes in Nepal and this must've been a good practice run.
The details are superb and love the pics. Been planning to do this trail ever since Ashan, Mithila and the gang did it.
Cheers

Hi Sri,
Thanks Sri for your comment. With the blessings of god Saman we didn't face any problem with weather. Actually I wanted to do this trail before my EBC trekking for the practice and spiritual reason.
Hope you would be there before the end of this Siri Pada season.
Niroshan
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:42:48 AM »

Hi Niro....

Excellent route selection and a very good trip report as usual... I really enjoyed reading the report..

Cheers!!!

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your comment. Actually I wanted to do it in combination of two long trails.
Niroshan
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »

Hello Niroshan,

A wonderful journey and done in very quick time..! I know, you are a marathon hiker. but doing both these trails in two days is certainly remarkable.
anyway, thanks for sharing nice report with lovely photos.

BR,
Kasun

Hi Kasun,
Thanks for your comment. Yes it is a great challenge to finish these two trails in two days. You are correct. Actually this is Baththalu Oya and locals identified as Mahaweli river and Menik river.
Niroshan
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »

Hi Niroshan

Great achievement, we did this last year, and it was really tough going for me (my backpack was too heavy), but enjoyed every bit of it.

Sheham

Hi Sheham,
Thanks for your comment. I can imagine the effort you put to climb Dehenakanda route with your heavy back pack. Grin Grin
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Ratnapura | SriPada | Mukkuwatta | Dehena kanda | Uda Maliboda | Deraniyagala | Adam's Peak | 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: