Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
June 23, 2018, 05:09:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Invaded by the Mist Rail Hike Stage 04  (Read 1681 times)
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »

This trip report is now available in Lakdasun Trip Report archive at:
http://trips.lakdasun.org/invaded-by-the-mist-rail-hike-stage-04.htm

Enjoy reading...

You can use this thread for comments and queries.
Sri

Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »

Hi Sri

Well written as usual, with great details and pictures.

Sheham
Tony

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:05 AM »

Hi Sri,

Great phoptography skills..... well written with loads of informations...
What are you doing at British Council?Huh  Huh  You can become a good writer or a good photographer... just change your proffesion... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool

much appriciate about the driving skills of Sheham....driving through that thick mist is a nightmare to any driver...

Cheers

Tony

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:25 AM »

Hi Sri
Well written as usual, with great details and pictures.
Sheham
Hi Sheham
Thanks a lot, it really was a great journey and the mist was simply intimidating...
Cheers

Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »

Hi Sri,
Great phoptography skills..... well written with loads of informations...
What are you doing at British Council?Huh  Huh  You can become a good writer or a good photographer... just change your proffesion... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool
much appriciate about the driving skills of Sheham....driving through that thick mist is a nightmare to any driver...
Cheers
Tony
Hi Uncle
Thanks a lot buddy and it was a success thanks to all of the guys who were there...
Sheham's been a rally driver dude, so these things are peanuts for him Wink
You should've seen the path he took to Rozella, even 4X4 driver would've got a heart attack...
Cheers

Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »

hi guys
great walk! refreshed some recent memories too. btw it seemed you have been blessed with bad weather  Grin Grin Grin if it was sunny you would have dehydrated  Grin
btw the cascade you named as glassaugh falls is actually a lover cascade to get to the proper fall you need to climb up through the tea estate. also i have never climbed up to one of those bridges though i have come across all 3 of them, may be on another day.
thanks for sharing
rgds
A

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »

Hi Sri And the Gang

Great rail adventure. beautiful sceneries . Refreshed my beautiful memories when i saw Mighty Misty mysterious Great western and Humble Guide Morgan. Cheesy

like the waterfalls very much and i too really annoyed with what happen to St. clairs .

Hope three uncle Grin s had a great time with you

Although i am not interested with rail hikes i always travel with you all reading your reports Smiley
( Mout watering food, SHeahms Gadjematics and Tony's endles jokes and Atha's acking Knees .And can imaging how little "Sri the teacher"commanded and tamed three jiant old students" ) 

THanks for sharing
Good Luck for your up coming rail journeys

Cheers
HARI

The Way You Think, You Become
Wije

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:42:36 PM »

Hi Sri/Sheham/Tony/Athula,
So you have done the stage 4 also. Hope there will be more.
Nicely written report as always and enjoyed your wonderful photos.
Thanks for sharing,
Best regards,
Wije
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »

Hi Sri/Sheham/Tony/Athula,
So you have done the stage 4 also. Hope there will be more.
Nicely written report as always and enjoyed your wonderful photos.
Thanks for sharing,
Best regards,
Wije
Hi Wije
Thanks a lot and just finished the Stage 5 as well. Guess what we've added another team member to our Old Gang and you're the next in line Grin
Gonna have more rail hikes and hope you too can join us for one of them..
Cheers

NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »

Hi Team,

Never heard of the 'great rail track loop' despite obvioulsy passing it on the train so many times.
such a lot of info! makes the train trip so different ...brilliant!

and the Badulla line seems to be like the Galle road - full of traffic! so many trains going up and down.  Smiley

N.
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »

hi guys
great walk! refreshed some recent memories too. btw it seemed you have been blessed with bad weather  Grin Grin Grin if it was sunny you would have dehydrated  Grin
btw the cascade you named as glassaugh falls is actually a lover cascade to get to the proper fall you need to climb up through the tea estate. also i have never climbed up to one of those bridges though i have come across all 3 of them, may be on another day.
thanks for sharing
rgds
A
Hi Ashan
Yeah, we remembered you doing this all alone Wink We didn't wanna climb up coz the water levels were so low and didn't seem worth the effort. Oh yeah, we were blessed with bad weather  Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 08:03:58 PM »

Hi Sri And the Gang
Great rail adventure. beautiful sceneries . Refreshed my beautiful memories when i saw Mighty Misty mysterious Great western and Humble Guide Morgan. Cheesy
like the waterfalls very much and i too really annoyed with what happen to St. clairs .
Hope three uncle Grin s had a great time with you
Although i am not interested with rail hikes i always travel with you all reading your reports Smiley
( Mout watering food, SHeahms Gadjematics and Tony's endles jokes and Atha's acking Knees .And can imaging how little "Sri the teacher"commanded and tamed three jiant old students" ) 
THanks for sharing
Good Luck for your up coming rail journeys
Cheers
HARI
Hi Hariya
GW was the beginning of all these hikes and she will always be the one to remember.
There's no point talking about St. Claire coz even during our Stage 5 we saw how abysmal looking she is Cry Cry Cry
Commanding these old students is something I'm used to now  Cheesy
Cheers

Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »

Hi Team,
Never heard of the 'great rail track loop' despite obvioulsy passing it on the train so many times.
and the Badulla line seems to be like the Galle road - full of traffic! so many trains going up and down.  Smiley
N.
Hi NG
Same here, until we walked along and looked very closely at the Google maps, we had no idea about this. Thankfully we met this linesman who showed us so many things. When you walk, there are so many things to see and learn that you miss on the train...
The Chinese trains have made a huge difference in Badulla line and very popular among passengers as they tend to stick to the time table...
Cheers

Tony

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 03:53:31 AM »

Hi NG,

When you do a rail hike always try to be friendly with the linesmen you meet.... most of the time they walks alone and like company, we can learns so many things from them, The great loop of Watawala (even though it's mentioned on the google map we didnt know about that).. then the story about the 'Kudira paalam', the place of the underground tunnel to upper Kotmale and few short cuts all we learned thanks to the linesmen...

The Chinese trains have made a huge difference in Badulla line and very popular among passengers as they tend to stick to the time table...

The latest addition... the 'always late' 8.30 am Badulla train from Colombo with those two luxury compartments (Expo & Rajini) train also had been replaced by the Chinese power sets from last Monday (dont know what had happen to the luxury compartments)
and the best news is the railway canteens are functioning now so we can buy food on the roll....

Cheers

Tony Uncle???

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 04:02:01 AM »

We did see the EXPO & RAJADHANI Attached to the same train last weekend.. 25th January
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: