Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nisansal Family Resort (Maskeli oya Family Park) - Norton Bridge  (Read 6786 times)
Ranishka
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »

“Nisansala”, also referred to as “Maskeli oya Family Resort” at Norton Bridge, is one of the best eco-resorts I have ever stayed. Located ideally in the middle of lush green forests, is a fantastic hideout for bird watchers. Laxapana and Aberdeen falls are on the reach for any nature lover.
You can reach “Nisansala” from Awissawella – Hatton A7 road. Turn to Maskeliya road from Diyagala junction (Approximately 58 km from Awissawella) and the resort is only about 2 km away from Norton Bridge junction. (Turn to Kalaweldeniya road after about 1 km from Norton bridge and then proceed for about another 1 km)

The resort consists of 10 rooms and ideal for a small group of about 25 people. Rates are very reasonable and its only Rs 2100/= per person per night with 3 meals. I must say the food is excellent.
You can reserve the resort from their Colombo office on 011-2596681, 011-4516681

Ranishka

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:41:19 PM by lakdasun » Logged
Gihan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »

Have you visited the place recently?
Ranishka
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:43:43 AM »

Gihan,
Yes that was last weekend.

Ranishka
Ranishka
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

Just found their web site,
http://www.familyparkresorts.com/maskelioya/index.html

Ranishka
mithila
Global Moderator

@ N: 06° 47.85’ | E: 079° 53.38’

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »

Last week end I got the opportunity to spent two days at this place. All in all it was a pleasant experience. As 20 of us were there we were able to negotiate a special rate of rs 2200 per person with all meals.

The bungalow is clean, very well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is located in a tea estate close to Kehelgamu Oya. The surrounding is peaceful but not necessarily natural as it was situated in the middle of a tea estate.

We walked up to Abrdeen falls which was just 5km away and the road journey took about an hour. You can actually drive 4km out of the 5 which will actually take you to falls in about 20 mins.

As the bungalow is located close to the Kehelgamu-Oya the caretaker told me that it is possible to trek along the river to reach the top of Abrdeen falls. I did not try this as the crowd was not right for that kind of an adventure walk but made a note to do it some day  Smiley

You can also take a nice bath in the river (just 10 mins climb down from the bungalow to reach the river which boarders the estate). However you should be very careful when bathing in the rocky river as there are very deep spots.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:09:27 AM by mithila » Logged

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
danesh

My Off road Budy....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »

Hey mithila have you done birding there ? Found any interested bird watching at this place ?
mithila
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »

Last time when I was there I did not have much time dedicated for bird watching but I noticed the presence of many interesting species including

1. Yellow Fronted Barbet
2. Scimitar Bablers (a mother feeding chicks)
3. Hanging Parrots and many others. So my gut feel is that if you dedicate some time you will be able to make some good observations

Mithila

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
kavee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »

Hi Mithila,

was the rate 2200 negotiated per person is for a day or for both days?

Kavee

Last week end I got the opportunity to spent two days at this place. All in all it was a pleasant experience. As 20 of us were there we were able to negotiate a special rate of rs 2200 per person with all meals.

The bungalow is clean, very well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is located in a tea estate close to Kehelgamu Oya. The surrounding is peaceful but not necessarily natural as it was situated in the middle of a tea estate.

We walked up to Abrdeen falls which was just 5km away and the road journey took about an hour. You can actually drive 4km out of the 5 which will actually take you to falls in about 20 mins.

As the bungalow is located close to the Kehelgamu-Oya the caretaker told me that it is possible to trek along the river to reach the top of Abrdeen falls. I did not try this as the crowd was not right for that kind of an adventure walk but made a note to do it some day  Smiley

You can also take a nice bath in the river (just 10 mins climb down from the bungalow to reach the river which boarders the estate). However you should be very careful when bathing in the rocky river as there are very deep spots.
mithila
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:52:05 PM »

Kavee,

It was Rs. 2200 per day per person.

Mithila

lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

We were in Maskeli Oya Family Resort in 2012 June with Family(10 people) and the place was really peaceful and has very hospitable staff. Food is fantastic and the manager Ravindra is a very passionate nature lover. He posess a good knowledge about the area and can give you good pointers for sight seeing. I cheked the Wathsala Inn on our way back from Maskeliya Plantations Fishing Hut and only good thing is it's in the main road. Apart from that didn't like the place much.

Maskeli Oya Family Park is by far the best place I have been to around the area and will reccomend it without any hesitation. Following is the managers No I collected in my visit his name is Ravindra - 0712057182

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
soyanna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 07:13:08 AM »

This place sounds very interesting and I'd like to try and visit here. Trying to figure out what'd be an ideal 2 day trip to this area staying here
for the night. Travelling with family (including kids) from Colombo I see this place is only few hours away. Any recomendation as to how to
plan the 2 days? We can start early.

Shammie

Ayubowan...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 02:41:50 AM »

Hi,

Anybody have information about this location. Phone numbers are not working. And also the website is not working...
Wije

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:50 PM »

Hi Shammi,
You can try 051 2232050
Manager Thushara 071 9459767
web www.familyparkresorts.com

Hope this will help you.
BR, Wije
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Maskeliya | Norton Bridge | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: