Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
October 23, 2017, 09:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanasena wana peth "වැනසෙන වනපෙත් " by Kusumsiri Wijayawardana  (Read 1169 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:30:36 PM »

Thanks Niroshan for sending the below review.

This is a book of travel notes of 16 places in Sri Lanka. I got to know few rare places from this book. Ex- Ussakanda, Manakanda, Waleboda. But it doesn’t give a clear idea of route for these places. It describes some archeology and environmental value of places. It has 124 pages and costs Rs 300.00. It is a publication of S.Godage and brothers.

* image001.jpg (31.14 KB, 483x581 - viewed 30 times.)

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Danushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

I think we can do something like this by collecting all Ashan's trip reports Smiley

Danushka Senadheera - Inspiring Moments
http://dsinspiringmoments.com
Tony

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

I think we can do something like this by collecting all Ashan's trip reports Smiley

I too have proposed Ashan several times to collect all his reports and to publish a book.

I think already Soyza is at work on a book containing all his unheard, rural, forgotten, archeological, historical & religious places where he have visited... but there is a big  Huh whether he will publish it. if he does publish this book ( which we saw the true copy at the gathering) it will be a great directory for all those who interested in similer places.

Cheers

Tony

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:18 AM »

guys all of the jungles can be categorized as "වැනසෙන වනපෙත් " in Sri Lanka

“"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
Soysa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:00:22 AM »

Dear Tony
Thanks for the kind comment regarding my trip reports you saw at the gathering.
I do trip reports in all my Local and foreign trips, with annexures to the report such as Plane tickets, Train and bus tickets, entrance tickets to museums and tickets of  places where they charge a fee, Hotel Bills, brochures, and leaflets and bind them as a book.
Publishing them  with photos with at least with four colours will be cost prohibitive. 
Some of the foreign Trip reports contain information and write ups, on visits to uncommon archeological sites, where we have visited in countries such as  about 50% of the Indian sub continent , Nepal, Indonesia, etc, I think still no Sri Lankan pilgrim or visitor would have ever visited.
Actually I prepare these reports in bound book form so that, as me and my wife is now past 60's and Wink and Still traveling!!! and,  if and when we have to be home bound  Huh and stop gallivanting here and abroad then we could sit back and read these reports and enjoy and be happy that we have done it.
Any way thanks for the comment Tony Smiley Smiley Smiley
Regards
Soysa.
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: