Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
September 22, 2018, 09:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Morning Side Heaven on Earth  (Read 2725 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:15:22 AM »

This trip report is now available in Lakdasun Trip Report archive at - http://trips.lakdasun.org/morning-side-heaven-on-earth.htm

Enjoy reading.. You can use this thread for comments and queries.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Y.Sachintha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »

Hello
Great info and as well good trip report,i'm also planing to go this 28th.very important point have for me thanks for it.
regard   

Nature is not belong to us we belong to nature so protect it and explore it.
Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »

Hi Sri

Interesting, enjoyed reading. Nice pictures

Sheham
Tony

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »

Dear Sri,

Morningside always had been great place to be, eventhough I hv been there several times but had never stayed in the bunglow....

Did you notice the short door entrance's at Maduwanwela walauwa, Maduwanwala Mohottala was a short person and he was always happy to see the people who comes to meet him had to bend and come through the door. The other secret was that he was womenizer and he had a "anthahpura" in that walauwa and the ladies who is having their menstruation period has to be in the special room created( you had captured it through your lence) for them so that its easy for him to select a clean lady. he had given orders to all the villegers to send their virgin daughter to his walauwa otherwise he will make their life terrible. these are all hidden fact of Maduwanwela mohottala.

Cheers!!!

Tony

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »

Dear Sri,

Morningside always had been great place to be, eventhough I hv been there several times but had never stayed in the bunglow....

Did you notice the short door entrance's at Maduwanwela walauwa, Maduwanwala Mohottala was a short person and he was always happy to see the people who comes to meet him had to bend and come through the door. The other secret was that he was womenizer and he had a "anthahpura" in that walauwa and the ladies who is having their menstruation period has to be in the special room created( you had captured it through your lence) for them so that its easy for him to select a clean lady. he had given orders to all the villegers to send their virgin daughter to his walauwa otherwise he will make their life terrible. these are all hidden fact of Maduwanwela mohottala.

Cheers!!!

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for the insight.... Even Leonard Wolf, author of the Village in the Jungle has been a great friend of him and he's written in his memoirs that when he was about to leave for England, Maduwanwela Disawa had given him a parcel of gems (about 8 of them).

He then went to England and had given his book and one of the tiny blue sapphires to the editor of a big newspaper.... He'd said that that blue sapphire brought him luck and the book became an all-time-success....

Yeah, I noticed the short door entrance... Interesting to see that he had used those European plates broken and used as tiles... Did you see Queen Victoria's face is on the floor... he'd apparently been anti-british...

Cheers

Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »

Hi Sachintha & Sheham

Thanks for the feedback...
Hope you'll have a marvellous time out there...

Cheers

Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

hi Sri
thanks for sharing your experience, btw didnt you visit hathmale falls?
rgds
Ashan

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:35:50 AM »

hi Sri
thanks for sharing your experience, btw didnt you visit hathmale falls?
rgds
Ashan

Hi Ashan

Nope, coz we chose to visit Maduwanwela and then go to Embilipitiya.... Hathmale falls is near Deniyaya right?

There was this Maduwanwela Doovilli falls about 2km from the Walawwa, but we didn't have enough time coz we travel by public transport...

cheers

Y.Sachintha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:58:05 AM »

Hello sri
 can there reach by bike ? me and my some of frnd ar planing to go 28th by bike need to is't possible or not ?

regard

Ruki

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »

Hi Sri,

Really enjoyed reading your trip report. Morning side was beautiful and so were the pictures of Maduwanwela Walauwa. Thanks for sharing

Br
Ruki
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »

Hello sri
 can there reach by bike ? me and my some of frnd ar planing to go 28th by bike need to is't possible or not ?

regard

Hi Sachintha...

If it's a trail bike, should pose no problem, but you have to take the short cut (the second route) which is about 5km down from Suriyakanda town.
I guess another bike should also be all right as it's not raining heavily these days... but might be really difficult when you have to carry stuff....

cheers

Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »

Hi Sri,

Really enjoyed reading your trip report. Morning side was beautiful and so were the pictures of Maduwanwela Walauwa. Thanks for sharing

Br
Ruki

Hey Ruki

thanks for the reply and it really was something to look at... glad you enjoyed the report...

cheers

Y.Sachintha

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »

Hi
 thanks for info dude
regard

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »

HI Sri
Thanks for Sharing
It seems like one of the best isolated places for relaxing
bi
HARINDA

The Way You Think, You Become
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »

HI Sri
Thanks for Sharing
It seems like one of the best isolated places for relaxing
bi
HARINDA

\

Hey Hari,

yeah, it certainly is.... you can't hear anything except birds, winds, animals.... oh there's an international airline route right above, so once in a while a plane or two can be seen and heard....
You are in a world of your own...

cheers

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Morningside | sinharaja | Rakwana | Suriyakanda | Embilipitiya | 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: