Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Irrigation Circuit Bungalow - Kande Ela  (Read 1798 times)
gokila

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »

Hi all,

Has anyone stayed at the Irrigation Department Circuit Bungalow at Kande Ela which is right opposit the lake?  I do not mean the Forest Department Bungalow by the lake, but the one opposit the lake. Would like to know the condition, number of rooms, availability of cook and rates.

Thanks in advance,
Gokila
Nuwan Kumaranayake

A nature lover.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »

I stayed at SLBC bungalow at ambewela in last December. (little towards ambewela from kande ela) I can recommend that and charges were reasonable. You can find more details at slbc web.
/Nuwan
hirundak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »

Yes brother, I usually go there every year. my father works at irrigation so its  a preferred spot for us due to its location.

It looks great and it is situated right above the lake giving it an awesome view. Specially in the morning.

But due to low budget allocation it is maintained very poorly. The caretakers could not do anything about it. Broken taps, dodgy hot water unit. broken toilets are few of the short comings.

Even though these seem to be big turn offs we still keep on going because its a bloody nice place and the care taker's food is awesome if you give him stuff to make with prior advice.

Hope that helps.

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: kande Ela | Ambewela | Nuwara Eliya | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: