Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
July 20, 2017, 11:39:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Last fueling station before Wasgamuwa?  (Read 1095 times)
sanjaya

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:05 PM »

Hi all,
    Does anybody know the last fueling station before Wasgamuwa? We are planning to go Via Matale-Riverstern-Illukumbura.

Thanks

~sanjaya
rajivwelikala

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:10:05 AM »

Hi Sanjaya,

I too am doing a trip to Riverston during this long weekend. Dont think we will be going to Wasgamu because even though i am 100% dying to go, my parents are not due to the distance of the drive, thus we will stick to riverston i think .

Anyways regarding the last fuelling station, the last one i know of from my last visits to the park is @ Hettipola.
Shareez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »

Hi Sanjaya,

Does anybody know the last fueling station before Wasgamuwa? We are planning to go Via Matale-Riverstern-Illukumbura.

I went to Riverston today from Matale via Rattota. Rattota town is the latest station you will find. In case if you miss it there is "sillara boutique" just entering the Illukumbara town on to your right hand side where you can get fuel (of course for a higher price). I have no idea after Illukumbura as i came back to the Nalanda road along Thelgamu Oya to visit Sera Ella.

Regards - Shareez   

sanjaya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »

I went to Riverston today from Matale via Rattota. Rattota town is the latest station you will find. In case if you miss it there is "sillara boutique" just entering the Illukumbara town on to your right hand side where you can get fuel (of course for a higher price). I have no idea after Illukumbura as i came back to the Nalanda road along Thelgamu Oya to visit Sera Ella.

Regards - Shareez   

Thanks Shareez. In that case safest thing is to fill up from Rattota :-). Will update if I find any after Rattota.

~sanjaya
KasunDes
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

Hello sanjaya,

The last fuel station will be in Rattota on the way to Riverston. But the last one before Wasgamuwa is at Hettipola. I dnt knw whether you go through Hettipola when you are coming from that side cz I have never done that route.
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Wasgamuwa | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: