Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
December 16, 2018, 01:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Muni Siripa Simbiminne  (Read 3491 times)
HARINDA

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »

Hai all              At the bookfare  I purchased a book called 'Muni Siripa Simbiminne' which was written by  Mr. Sarath Weerasinghe.   It's a very useful book  who want details about Sri Pada . 200 page book includes the details of 6 routes to Sri Pada and about ancient Raja Mawatha too Also other details such as history, myths , facts about Sri pada.                   According to him he has used Dehenakanda Sapugasthenna path and amazingly he had completed the journey  around    10 hours.that's something revolutionary idea as there were different stories compared to the trip report in footsteps.lk and other discussions. According to those reports it has taken 2 night camping.     However it's an interesting book. You can contact him on 0332288284 . He is a very helpful person too.         

The Way You Think, You Become
Shash

Never Stop Exploring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:55:02 AM »

This author is the one (through a paper article written by him) who inspired me to climb Adems peak using all six trails !!

According to him he has used Dehenakanda Sapugasthenna path and amazingly he had completed the journey  around    10 hours.

this is correct according to my GPS readings this trail was only 9.9Km  Grin

Shash
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »

Mr. Weerasekera is also the author of     සිරිලක අසු දුටු තෑන්: චාරිකා සටහන් (  http://www.lakdasun.org/forum/index.php?topic=794.0 )   - a fantastic book on Sri Lanka, that started me off on the second round of re-discovering Sri Lanka in all its forms.
I believe he is a photographer by profession.

N.

Namal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »

is this book in English?

Enjoy nature while you still can, it's not going to be there forever.
www.zero3images.com
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »

Namal   this book it written in Sinhala.       SHASH     Nice to have heard that you did this trial. Can you submit a trip report with way points (if possible)  . Because THE BEST ONLINE ENVIOROMENTAL UNIVERCITY (LAKDASUN) IS yet to publish a trip report on that. Never the less count me also if you do this trail again.   

Tony

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:38 AM »

Dear Harindra,

Many of our Lakdasun members have done all 6 trails to Adam's peak. Better check with the guys who have done this trail recently as we didnt record our trails when we were travelling.  check with Kasun, Ashan, Mithila, Priyanjan, Thinuwan or Shiyam surely they can help you with their vast knowledge about this beautiful country.

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:06:20 AM »

hi Harinda
i will probably do this trail next year(during season)
we can gather some info by that time.
rgds
Ashan

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
Shash

Never Stop Exploring

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 06:07:30 AM »

Hi Harinda,

SHASH     Nice to have heard that you did this trial.

I did this trail in January of this year.

Can you submit a trip report with way points (if possible)

I am not the type who writes trip reports (sorry) however if I manage to find the time I will up load the GPS trail.

Regards,

Shash

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »

Thanks Tony for the information. thanks Shash and waiting for the your reply. TONY,  no doubt Mithila,  Ashan  Kasun and others mentioned by you are the TRAVEL KINGS  In our forum . My point  was a trip report on DEHENAKANDA TRIAL would be a value addition to this great forum. Also it will benefit so many nature lovers. Dear Ashan, You know i get a very strange feeling when i ever climb, see , read, remember  Sri Pada . I've done this 5 times using main 3 routes but not these jungle routes. And very glad to have heard that you're  going to do Dehenakanda trial. I'm desperately looking forward to here from you soon because the Trip report by you on 'OFF SEASON CLIMB  SRI PADA AND MAPALANA FALLS' was the main source of information when i did off season climb from palabathgala.  Also i would say BOHOMA PIN !

Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 04:40:46 AM »

harinda
we need to share our experiences with others so they can also have ago and enjoy mother nature at the best...lets try and arrange a small gang to do this trail...
rgds
Ashan

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »

Thank's Ashan . I 'll join for sure. Just inform when the season begins.

KasunDes
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »

we need to share our experiences with others so they can also have ago and enjoy mother nature at the best...lets try and arrange a small gang to do this trail...

mamath enawooooooo..... Smiley
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »

lets try and do this..
"sumana saman devi pihitai"

Tony

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

mamath enawooooooo..... Smiley

ei...mamath enawamai.......

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
samithd

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »

I called him today and he gave me below list where we can buy his book

1. Sarasavi Book Shop, Nugegoda (book will be available there after 22 of this month)
2. Book Shop near Anula College, Nugegoda
3. Godage Bookshops
4. Sooriya Publishers, Maradana
5. Sadeepa Bookshop, Maradana
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: