Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
November 23, 2017, 03:15:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Bopaththalawa NLDB Bungalow  (Read 7018 times)
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:01 PM »

Hi all,
happy to say ,Bopaththalawa NLDB Bungalow now open for public from january 2017,
 I called them Price is 4000+ Vat
Can reach by Ordinary car
Contact Them

you can reach here as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM3ztVGyfqE
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:45:25 PM by samanjanaka » Logged
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 01:43:22 AM »

This is wonderful news and thanks for sharing the info Saman.

Regards
Sri

Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 11:29:20 PM »

oh good news!

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
Sancharaka

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 04:33:31 AM »

Please share photos of rooms and toilet if anyone visits.

samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »

Please share photos of rooms and toilet if anyone visits.

Hi
it has been added earlier . please visit begening  of this form...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:16:07 AM by samanjanaka » Logged
Lalith

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »

Hello members

If anyone visited this facility in the recent past, could you please add some pics to see the present condition of the place

Regards

Lalith
MSRF

ADVENTURER

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »

Hello members

If anyone visited this facility in the recent past, could you please add some pics to see the present condition of the place

Regards

Lalith

Hi Laith,

Actually we went there in November 2016. but unfortunatley there is no any Bungalow at present.
There is a butiful mountain called "Haritha Kanda" and you can camp over there.
Otherwise you have to find a good place from Bogawanthalawa town.

Trip Report - http://trips.lakdasun.org/first-ever-camping-at-haritha-kanda-bogawanthalawa.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------
Travel HARD | Save NATURE |  Get EXPERIENCE
Lalith

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 05:13:31 AM »

Many thanks for the reply Ranshan, you are a legend !
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »

Many thanks for the reply Ranshan, you are a legend !

hi
bungalow is situated, in side of the NLDB farm. if you come via bogawanthalawa side, you wont be able to see bungalow
see picture attachment

* Bopaththalawa.jpg (255.45 KB, 1209x577 - viewed 40 times.)
MSRF

ADVENTURER

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »

Hi Saman,

Yes, you are correct.
Actually the Bungalow is there its not destroyed. But it is not open for Public.
Nobody can book it via NLDB as it was closed for accomondation.
When I went there in last November I got confirmed it from the Manager.

But people can visit there and see the farm, daily works etc without any prior approval.

Bopaththalawa Farm - 0515 673 115
Manager - 0773 782 148

samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 03:45:07 AM »

Hi Saman,

Yes, you are correct.
Actually the Bungalow is there its not destroyed. But it is not open for Public.

But people can visit there and see the farm, daily works etc without any prior approval.

Manager - 0773 782 148
Hi ranshan,
Now they open for public from 2017 January. i called them last month,
here is the contact 0773782127
and i called today to managers number that you have mentioned ( 0773782148) manager told me now they are open for public
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:02:37 AM by samanjanaka » Logged
MSRF

ADVENTURER

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 04:43:35 AM »

Hi Saman,

Yes, you are correct.

Manager - 0773 782 148
Hi ranshan,
and i called today to managers number that you have mentioned ( 0773782148) manager told me now they are open for public

Wow it is a great news.
Thanks a lot for the update it Saman.
Need to plan our next family trip there Cheesy, it's such a beautiful environment.

samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 05:18:54 AM »

Hi Saman,

Yes, you are correct.

Manager - 0773 782 148
Hi ranshan,

Wow it is a great news.
Thanks a lot for the update it Saman.
Need to plan our next family trip there Cheesy, it's such a beautiful environment.

of course yes. nice place. if you visit there please upload pictures.
saran1987

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »

I had an opportunity to stay at the bungalow for two nights during 17-19 Feb together with another 4 people, the place is quiet and serene bungalow was well maintained with 4 double rooms which could occupy 8 people comfortably, caretaker was available and ready to cook whatever you wish. all rooms are with attached bathrooms and hot water available with the electricity  during early hours (5-7am) & in the evening 5-11 pm as the whole farm is depend on a small hydro power plant. place could be accessed from Hatton easily through fordyce estate and Agrapathana else from thalawakele through agrapathana (longer route) need high ground clearence vehicles but car could manage with bit difficulties.

charges are depend on the deal you make at hatton.. roughly cost you around 3500 for a Van from Hatton - Bopaththalawa.

make sure you get your provisions from hatton or atleast at Agrapaththana since there are no facility to buy stuffs inside the farm and the bungalow situated almost 3-4 km from the gate/entrance.

we did the hike to the Bopathalawa mountain too.. not a strenuous one however the round trip from the Bungalow to the base and to the top will roughly come to 15kms. if you are lucky you can hop in to a Trishaw(used by labours not for hire) or to the sole bus(available at 8am in the morning near the bungalow) running from agrapathana to Manikpalama Farm (where the trail head starts).

The bopaththalawa mountain hike could be done from Bogawanthalawa side too. Bogawanthalawa is about 6 kms from manikpalama Farm however only footpath leads towards bogawanthalawa(No vehicle can go through)...although the google map shows the Bopaththalawa farm could be accessed by road from Bogawanthalawa only the mountain base could be accessed from Bogawanthalawa side through estate roads in Bogawanthalawa. From the base only foot paths available to the farm and bungalow.
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 02:17:17 AM »

I had an opportunity to stay at the bungalow for two nights during 17-19 Feb together with another 4 people, the place is quiet and serene bungalow was well maintained with 4 double rooms which could occupy 8 people comfortably, caretaker was available and ready to cook whatever you wish. all rooms are with attached bathrooms and hot water available with the electricity  during early hours (5-7am) & in the evening 5-11 pm as the whole farm is depend on a small hydro power plant. place could be accessed from Hatton easily through fordyce estate and Agrapathana else from thalawakele through agrapathana (longer route) need high ground clearence vehicles but car could manage with bit difficulties.

charges are depend on the deal you make at hatton.. roughly cost you around 3500 for a Van from Hatton - Bopaththalawa.

make sure you get your provisions from hatton or atleast at Agrapaththana since there are no facility to buy stuffs inside the farm and the bungalow situated almost 3-4 km from the gate/entrance.

we did the hike to the Bopathalawa mountain too.. not a strenuous one however the round trip from the Bungalow to the base and to the top will roughly come to 15kms. if you are lucky you can hop in to a Trishaw(used by labours not for hire) or to the sole bus(available at 8am in the morning near the bungalow) running from agrapathana to Manikpalama Farm (where the trail head starts).

The bopaththalawa mountain hike could be done from Bogawanthalawa side too. Bogawanthalawa is about 6 kms from manikpalama Farm however only footpath leads towards bogawanthalawa(No vehicle can go through)...although the google map shows the Bopaththalawa farm could be accessed by road from Bogawanthalawa only the mountain base could be accessed from Bogawanthalawa side through estate roads in Bogawanthalawa. From the base only foot paths available to the farm and bungalow.

woow, thanks for the information
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Bopaththalawa | 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: