Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
November 24, 2017, 10:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free GPS maps of Sri Lanka  (Read 136868 times)
Suniel Dil

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »

Hi, I tried maps but it says no maps when I tried to switch.I would be grateful to you if you could write step by step how to get SL maps to my Garmin.
Thanks
janaka88

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm using a software to find roads & distances. It supported to plan trips n animating trips. great and very useful for me on my travelling. It's not for locating our position by gps, but it will be useful for you too.

www.sumagasoft.com
www.sumagasoft.com/products.php

* esl.jpg (75.84 KB, 360x270 - viewed 541 times.)
alfonso

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 02:43:46 AM »

Here's a very practical website, giving you ready-to-install maps for any GARMIN model (that supports maps) based on the OpenStreetMap project.
While the accuracy for some countries is very good, that is not always the case. For Sri Lanka, it's sometimes pretty poor for city navigation, but overall it's not so bad, and, above all, free.

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Suneth84

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2013, 01:31:00 AM »

Previously there was not enough POIs in OSM map. But now there are lot. Please help to update Srilanka Map in Open Street Map (OSM)
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: GPS Map | GPS Phone | 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: