Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kanneliya Forest Resort - Koralegama, Panangala, Galle  (Read 20698 times)
mithila
Global Moderator

@ N: 06 47.85 | E: 079 53.38

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »

We went to Kanneliya last week end and stayed at this private Lodge. This place is located less than 1km from the entrance of the Kanneilya Forest Department Conservation Center. six of us stayed there for one night. We book a triple room and a double room. Its a very nice place. Very well maintained and very clean. food was basic Sri Lankan and was quite tasty. (we had the option of Chinese too)   Smiley Another plus point is the stream that flows bordering the lodge which is a really nice place to have a cool bath. The staff was friendly.

To add to the plus points is the fact that they do not allow liquor with in the premises  Wink

Rates were reasonable too. We paid Rs 2000 for the triple room, Rs 1500 fro the double room and Rs. 250/= per person per meal. See few pictures below.

Telephone: 091-5671867, 060-2906315, 071-4066398

See some pics below

Dining Area

Inside a room

River Bath

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:14:43 AM by mithila » Logged

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
hapriyankara

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:18:09 AM »

thanks for sharing
chinthaka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »

Yes. This is a nice place with really clean bathrooms  Wink.
But im confused with the picture of room you uploaded. The room which I stayed was bigger than that and more comfortable one Smiley.
mithila
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »

There was a bigger three bed room. (I think they had one more three bed room). The picture is of a the smaller two bed room.

mithila

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
kosala
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 02:18:49 AM »

There was a bigger three bed room. (I think they had one more three bed room). The picture is of a the smaller two bed room.

mithila

Thanks for sharing, Seems a good alternative if I go there next time without much advance planning.
Kosala
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:51:32 PM by kosala » Logged
jimm1909
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

We went to Kanneliya last week end and stayed at this private Lodge. This place is located less than 1km from the entrance of the Kanneilya Forest Department Conservation Center. six of us stayed there for one night. We book a triple room and a double room. Its a very nice place. Very well maintained and very clean. food was basic Sri Lankan and was quite tasty. (we had the option of Chinese too)   Smiley Another plus point is the stream that flows bordering the lodge which is a really nice place to have a cool bath. The staff was friendly.
Las Vegas Luxury Hotel
To add to the plus points is the fact that they do not allow liquor with in the premises  Wink

Rates were reasonable too. We paid Rs 2000 for the triple room, Rs 1500 fro the double room and Rs. 250/= per person per meal. See few pictures below.

Telephone: 091-5671867, 060-2906315, 071-4066398

Thanks for the great pics and for sharing this with us.  I am making a trip there in the next couple of months and I am definitely going to try and stay at that lodge because it looks amazing!

Thanks again,

-Jim
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »

HUGE plus...especially if you are not the only group staying there.

N
nuwandias

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

Hi Guys,

Anyone been to this place recently? Planning to go there this weekend. Would like to know whether it is as good as it used to be.

Regards,
Nuwan
Lalith

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »

...and the closest route to reach Kanneliya from Colombo too..
Pls someone publish the route..

Thanks
Lalith
mithila
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »

...and the closest route to reach Kanneliya from Colombo too..
Pls someone publish the route..

Colombo -> Kalutara (Katukurunda) [45km on A2] -> Nagoda [3km on B008] -> Mathugama [5km on B308 & 11km on B8] -> Horawala [5km on B3] -> Moragala [7km] -> Palewatta [8km on B3] -> Pitigala [10km on B3] -> Udugama [24km via Mapalagama] -> Panangala [6km on B156] ->Koralegama -> Kanneliya Conservation Centre [2km](approximately 125km)

Not the best roads but this is the closest route.

Lalith

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »

Thank you Mithila.

Finally it comes to Udugama?
Two weeks ago I visited Kottawa reserve on the Galle - Udugama road, so I think we can use the same route by using Colombo - Galle - Udugama route. (from Kottawa to Kanneliya 24kms)

Warm regards
Lalith
nuwandias

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »

Hi Guys,

I was at this place last weekend. It is in good shape and being maintained well. In fact, they are expanding. Some new rooms are being built and we had the privilege of lodging in one such newly built room which was in excellent condition. The meals they prepared for us were also very good and the prices were reasonable too.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nuwan.
Rish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Hi All

We stayed here on the 2nd of January 2012.
The entrance

The 3-bed room on the upper floor was newly painted and very very clean.

The downstairs 3-bed room was clean but could use some new paint or wall-cleaning.
Both bathrooms were very clean and fully functional.

Hopefully they will have hot water soon (the pipelines were already installed) - the water can get very very cold ..
Another building was under construction so does look like they are expanding.
The owner is a very nice gentleman and the food was delicious!
The stream that runs below the rooms is sooo inviting and crystal clear.

Well worth the price of Rs. 1800 (excluding food) for a 3-bed room.

Humans are the only species capable of protecting another - That's no coincidence, DO something!
Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »

Hi Rish

Looks a nice place. another MUST visit in my list

Thanks
Sheham
mudith0929

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »

Thanks to lakdasun and Mithila I went to kanneliya yesterday and I must say it is a lovely place and the service is very very good and lovely food

Thanks guys for putting their reviews as those really came in handy to plan my trip

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Kanneliya | Galle | 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: