Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
January 18, 2018, 12:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sripada via Deraniyagala, Uda-Maliboda Trail  (Read 2613 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »

This trip report is now available in Lakdasun Trip Report archive at - http://trips.lakdasun.com/sripada-via-deraniyagala-uda-maliboda-trail.htm

Enjoy reading.. You can use this thread for comments and queries.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
prasanga

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

its a fabulous trip. in fact I did the same journey few years ago but we started near Erathne (Power House) and camped for two nights @ the Thunmulla and Indikatupaana Ambalama. unfortunately I don't have any photos to publish as photographs were taken by one of my friend and we are planning to go by September this year. (We always use the off season)

Prasanga
Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »

Dear Mithila

A fantastic trip report, really enjoyed reading it, lots of things to learn!, great photographs too. a must do hike some times.

Thanks for giving an insight of that lovely trip

Kind Regards
Sheham
Shash

Never Stop Exploring

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »

Dear Mithila,

Wow what a Trip !! Ive wanted to do this trail for a long time but havent been unable to find a good crew  Sad 
Thanks for sharing your Adventure with us,

Kind Regards,
Shashika
sanketha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »

Dear Mithila,

Created video is a great work. When watching it feels like Im doing the same hike.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Best Regards,
Sanketha
mithila
Global Moderator

@ N: 06 47.85 | E: 079 53.38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:38 AM »

in fact I did the same journey few years ago but we started near Erathne (Power House)

This trail we did starts from Deraniyagala and joins the trail from Erathna (near Adewikanda power house) closer to the summit.

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
mithila
Global Moderator

@ N: 06 47.85 | E: 079 53.38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:39 AM »

Thanks Everyone for the encouraging comments  Smiley

in fact I did the same journey few years ago but we started near Erathne (Power House)

This trail we did starts from Deraniyagala and joins the trail from Erathna (starts from Adewikanda power house) closer to the summit.

Created video is a great work. When watching it feels like Im doing the same hike.

The credit should go to Maduranga who did the video  Smiley

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
CE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »

Hi Mithila,

Thanks for sharing the report and specially the video. It took me to 2005 when I did the same trail.

regards,
Charith
viraj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »

Hi Mithila,

Very interesting...., Thanks for sharing a nice experience.
Unfortunately, I have only visited to the mentioned direction board of siddhalepa, at Uda Malimboda.
Hope to do the same trail in the future.  Grin   

Regards,

viraj

More travel experiences in Sri Lanka, visit :
http://www.traveljournals.net/travelers/viraj/journals/
Malaka S

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:40:35 AM »

Hi mithila aiya,
Nice report and photos. I'm very happy about correcting the distances mentioned in the board near Pandeniya ganga. Because when we did that trail(March 2010), I feel more distance than 5kms through the jungle from Pandeniya to Kuruwita trail.
I think it was great experince and nice time with heavy rain and leeches Smiley  Smiley .

Regards,
Malaka. 

Sri Lanka---- The small Miracle
nuwan2u

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 01:24:50 AM »

Dear all
watch this video... it include all path of Sripada via Deraniyagala, Uda-Maliboda Trail....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX3IU2x2K18
 Thank you
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: SriPada | Maliboda | Ihala Maliboda | Peak Wilderness | Deraniyagala | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: