Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sembuwatta Lake, Matale  (Read 9151 times)
ĂΜϊĻ

ẄϊĐ ẄϊĐ Ẅĕ$Ť

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:42:38 AM »

HI Guyz,

Has anyone been to Sembuwatta Lake, Matale???

This is somewhere near Hunnas falls (Elkaduwa Hunugala road). As I have heard this park is a wonderful place to spend a day. It has a Lake and a landscaped area with a good view. If anyone knows the place, please update me as I am planning to spend this coming weekend in Kandy. Please suggest me some nice and cool places where I can go from Kandy as well.

Thanks,
Amila

* sembuwatte.jpg (147.92 KB, 500x375 - viewed 433 times.)

* Swimming Pool near to Sembuwatta Lake.jpg (156.92 KB, 500x375 - viewed 486 times.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:47:08 AM by Amila83 » Logged

Drinking Nature is an unquenchable thirst..... !!!
sachithaw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:01:19 AM »

Hi Amila,

Pls go through the following thread.

http://www.lakdasun.com/forum/index.php?topic=965.0

Regs,
Sachitha H.Wimalaratne.
ĂΜϊĻ

ẄϊĐ ẄϊĐ Ẅĕ$Ť

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 03:12:10 AM »

HI Sachitha,

Thanks for the link.  Wink

Cheers,
Amila

ĂΜϊĻ

ẄϊĐ ẄϊĐ Ẅĕ$Ť

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »

Hi All,

Last weekend some of my friends have been to Sembuwatte and stayed the night over there. So I thought of sharing the information I got from them for someone who loves this place.

Night out stay 500 per person (have to stay in a summer hut or carry your own tent) take your own provisions and gas for cooking. Toilet facilities are available. Take blankets as it freezes at night.

Day charges 150 per person.

Swimming pool with natural water is available for use.

From Alkaduwa Hunugala road, turn left & there are 2 KMs to the park. A Van, jeep or a vehicle with a good ground clearance will take you there comfortably. A car will struggle a lot or will not do it.

Cheers,
Amila

viraj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:58 AM »

Hi Amila,

Thanks for the information.
Upload some images if it is possible.

BR

viraj

More travel experiences in Sri Lanka, visit :
http://www.traveljournals.net/travelers/viraj/journals/
GAYAN2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »

Hi All,

Last weekend we went to this place with a crew of 15.It was a very calm & quiet unique place to spend a day.There is a swimming pool with natural water and few summer huts.

The contact person Mr.Radley is the Senior Superintendent of the Elkaduwa estate is a very helpful.He helped us to go the top of estate (4km) by arranging a lorry because the Rosa bus we went there couldn't go beyond his bungalow.

Charges per person is Rs.150 and anyone can spend the night there too.

Best way to travel may be a van or jeep because the road in side the estate rough.If anyone wants to visit this place contact Mr.Radley on 0718043341 and he will help you.

We had a nice time there & have to thank Mr.Radley who developed this place to the present situation and hope that we have to help him to do more developments by going there.

Thanks,
Gayan

prabathbr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 04:44:15 AM »

Hi all,

I was been to this place some time ago by public transport,We went for hiking actually.
You can easily go using public transport if you're in Kandy or has stop over at Kandy

Kandy-Wattegama bus -> Wattegama-Alkaduwa bus ->by foot to Sembuwatte lake

From Alkaduwa to Sembuwatte,i think there is about 7km or something(not sure),we didn't go directly to Sembuwatte but roamed through the other estates and then went through tea plantations to the lake.If you follow the main route,the road is kinda good(not possible by car I think,jeep or van is necessary)

I'll upload a trip report as time permits Smiley
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »

hi all
i am new to lakdasun. this is a fantastic nature loving web site that i have ever seen. thank you LAKDASUN.
I saw some of picture of sembuwattha lake from lakdasun.i am crazy of that place. I have decided to go to sembuwattha lake with my wife. does any body know, some place that we can accommodate with fair price near sembuwattha lake. (5-10km doesn't matter) please help me find out some place.

thanks
saman
prabathbr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »

hi all
i am new to lakdasun. this is a fantastic nature loving web site that i have ever seen. thank you LAKDASUN.
I saw some of picture of sembuwattha lake from lakdasun.i am crazy of that place. I have decided to go to sembuwattha lake with my wife. does any body know, some place that we can accommodate with fair price near sembuwattha lake. (5-10km doesn't matter) please help me find out some place.

thanks
saman
Hi

Welcome to Lakdasun Smiley hope you'll enjoy here.
You can stay at the place itself.I don't remember the exact fee.There was another thread with their contact numbers too Smiley
The nearest town is Alkaduwa.You may be stay at Wattegama too Smiley
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:26 AM »

Thank for your valuable reply prabathbr
I heard before, we have to stay in a summer hut or our own tent. I think  it's difficult task to me and my wife. if they have rooms we can manage it easily. we suppose to be go there on 27, 28, October.
elkaduwa is village or town? can we find some place to stay suddenly, when we go there?
If we go by car, is it struggle task? please let me know.
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 01:07:04 AM »

thanks prabathbr
prabathbr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

Thank for your valuable reply prabathbr
I heard before, we have to stay in a summer hut or our own tent. I think  it's difficult task to me and my wife. if they have rooms we can manage it easily. we suppose to be go there on 27, 28, October.
elkaduwa is village or town? can we find some place to stay suddenly, when we go there?
If we go by car, is it struggle task? please let me know.

I can't remember about rooms there,there was a toilet but not in good condition though.There was a hut or something like that.
I went there by foot 8km hike  from Alkaduwa.Alkaduwa is a small town,but I don't have any idea about any accommodation there.
I strongly recommend not to use your car,you'll need a high clearance vehicle coz some parts of the road is not suitable for car.
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »

thanks a for your kindly respond prabathbr brother  Smiley
samanjanaka

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »

hi, prabathbr and other friends,
will you be able to suggest me some place to go October, long weekend. (Me and my wife) It should be cool and totally isolated place for fair price. please let me know. I really appreciate your response.
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »

You can find more information in the facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sembuwaththa-Lake/153240828125827

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: sembuwatta | Matale | Kandy | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: