Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
September 21, 2017, 11:17:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to book the Forest Department bungalows in Sinharaja from overseas?  (Read 205 times)
elegiacally

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »

Hello there!

My friends and I'll be heading to Sri Lanka and spending sometime in the forests. Can I ask, is it possible for a foreigner to book a forest reserve bungalow before I head over to Sri Lanka?

All the info I see are booking are to be done in advance from the head office of Forest Dept. situated at Battaramulla. However, I'll only touch down in Sri Lanka on the 4th of October and I plan to bunk in the bungalows on the 9th of October. Is it possible to book from overseas?

We do plan to hire a driver within Sri Lanka, but that will only be confirmed closer to the date of the trip. Could we ask our driver to book the accommodation for us? We would definitely be keen to pay extra for that.
kassilva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »

hi ele,

yes it's possible to book both forest department bungalows and department of wild life conservation(DWC) bungalows for foreigners.
foreign parties will have higher rates than that of the domestic occupants.
but forest department does not have the online booking facility, so you have to be in Sri Lanka in advance.

DWS bungalows can be book online via https://dwc.lankagate.gov.lk/

And, yes you can ask your driver to book the bungalow for you,buy giving specific details (no occupants,passport and visa details etc...)

Additionally,forest department only accept the booking of certain bungalow  exactly only one moth prior to your lodging date.

Regards,
Kas

Nature has a music for those who listen
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: