Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
June 27, 2017, 03:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mahiyanganaya - only the two Sorabora places?  (Read 9441 times)
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:41:33 AM »

Hi
does any one know any places to stay in Mahiyanganaya ( or close by) other than Sorabora Inn and Sorabora Gedera?
And of course the Mahingana Rest House..i think sleeping in the bus stand would be better the last time we checked it out.

with all the Mahiyangana conversation going on in

http://www.lakdasun.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.0

wonder where you stayed?

BTW in Moneragala Silva's Guest House, Wallavaya Rd, Moneragala,  is supposed to be good. I have not stayed.
Tel - 045 52276296

N
Priyanjan
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »

Hello NG,

with all the Mahiyangana conversation going on in

http://www.lakdasun.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.0

wonder where you stayed?

If you are asking me.... then the answer is.....Never stayed in Mahiyanganaya. It's always been Loggaloya- camping.

Best Regards,

Priyanjan.
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »

Hi NG
im off to Mahiyangana tomorrow...I will update you as I can, and I Know about two places in Monaragala where I have stayed before....I will post the information later...
Ashan

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:59:08 AM »

Smiley by 'you' I meant Ashan as i thought he may have already gone....so waiting for his report back!

to Priyanjan - camping at Laggaloya must be super...must try it next time. Is there a camping site...appologies if you have already posted somewhere on this forum..

N
dulip

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »

Hi NG,

Not sure how many of these phone numbers work, as the book i have is fairly old

Themiya sevana - Mahiyangana town - 055-355 2355 - not the best place to stay, unless u are really stuck. more of a bar than anything else
Hemara - same number. run by the same person. on the wasgamuwa road from mahiyanganaya

dont know much about the other places
New rest house - 055 225 7304
Sorabora gedara - 055 225 8307
Sorabora village inn - 055 225 7149

Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »

Hi All
I went to Mahiyangana and there were many places with loddging! i just jotted down few numbers for yo'll!
1) At Gurulupotha there is a rest house 1500/= per day Double room and this is not more than 3Km away from Hasalaka and is near the Seetha kotuwa ruins. if you stay here you can explore the near by waterfalls too!
No:07774465300
2) Senali Mahiyangana(near Sora bora wewa)
No:0552258346 & 0772662904
3) Rooms and lodging(near the town)
No: 0553552825 & 0725154031
4) Themiya food & lodging(near the town)
No:0552257796
5) Binthenna inn(where we stayed)
750/= double room, attached bathrooms were ok , food was available but we did not buy!
near the town
No:0716110285 & 0715374586
6) and more
http://www.infotravelsrilanka.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=299&Itemid=237

Ashan

mithila
Global Moderator

@ N: 06 47.85 | E: 079 53.38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »

Ashan, this link looks like a "Gold Mine" for accomodation information. Thanks for posting here  Smiley

Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web of life, he does to himself. | Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you!
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »

Hi Mithila
I came across this site few times! hope the numbers are working and updated routinely! Wink
Ashan

Priyanjan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »

Hello NG,

Smiley by 'you' I meant Ashan.......
Extremely Sorry for Jumping the Gun!  EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Regarding Loggaloya; This is where I wrote about it - http://www.lakdasun.com/forum/index.php?topic=243.0. The situation may have changed now as the military has established a small camp there. Anyway, it's not at all difficult to find a nice spot to camp in the area.

Happy Camping!

Priyanjan.
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »

Thanks 'both'!
will try camping next time...this time going for the more conventional!
n
kdilhara

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »

Never ever stay in Sorabora Village....That is the wrost place I ever stayed in Mahiyangana. The service is an utmost mess but they charge high prices

When you are comming from 18 hairpins bend road, when you cross the bridge across mahaweli river, there is a road at right side. turn in to the road and you will find the magistrate bunglow at right side. Go about 100 m ahead and in the same side you will find a very nice place managed by Urban Development Authority. The place appears as expensive but the rates are very reasonable. It cost only 3000 for us for 3 bed room with A/C and attached bathroom. They have the driver accommodation as well. the price is really worth.   
soyanna

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »

Never ever stay in Sorabora Village....That is the wrost place I ever stayed in Mahiyangana. The service is an utmost mess but they charge high prices

When you are comming from 18 hairpins bend road, when you cross the bridge across mahaweli river, there is a road at right side. turn in to the road and you will find the magistrate bunglow at right side. Go about 100 m ahead and in the same side you will find a very nice place managed by Urban Development Authority. The place appears as expensive but the rates are very reasonable. It cost only 3000 for us for 3 bed room with A/C and attached bathroom. They have the driver accommodation as well. the price is really worth.   

Thanks for this info. Do you remember the name of this place? Also did you just walk in and were able to find rooms available or did you book in advance?

Thanks much
Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Mahiyanganaya | Hasalaka | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: