Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
November 23, 2017, 03:16:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Journey of Hiking & Camping at Alagalla Mountain Range...  (Read 277 times)
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »

Hi All

This is the second video journey I've made in 2016 of our latest hiking and camping trip to the Alagalla Mountain Range aka Potato Mountain Range.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgGjsFINxEwyIX3yVERMP8mBSJ3I8lmDQ

You can do this in two paths. The easiest is via Pilimathalawa-Poththapitiya and the other is from Gangoda.

You can walk across the entire mountain range about 2km in length.

Enjoy!

Sri

Ramzy

Traveler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »

Hi Sri,

Thanks for sharing quality videos. This gives the overall idea for the Alagalla Hikers. Cool
I was able to visit the entire range three weeks before. I personally don't recommend Camping these days.
The entire mountain is visible from home and noticed wildfire several time at night. Shocked

RAMZY FAROOK
---------------------------------------------
Travel Sri Lanka
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »

Hi Sri,
Thanks for sharing quality videos. This gives the overall idea for the Alagalla Hikers. Cool
I was able to visit the entire range three weeks before. I personally don't recommend Camping these days.
The entire mountain is visible from home and noticed wildfire several time at night. Shocked

Hi Ramzy

Thanks a lot and yeah I wanted to give a better picture of the hike with these videos. The trip report will take time to come online.

Well the wildfires are gone leaving the mountain brown and black and making what little water sources completely dry. We heard from the workers at the temple that a group of people had set fire to the mana couple of weeks ago. It was a very stupid thing to have done and idiots like those should be given punishment for it.

It's so dry and hot during the noon hours but otherwise a pleasant experience.

Cheers
Sri

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Alagalla Mountain Range | Poththapitiya | Potato Mountain Range | Gangoda | Ihala Kotte | 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: