Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Contribute to the Lakdasun Trip Reports Archive  (Read 29636 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »

We have created a dedicated section in Lakdasun for interesting and informative trip reports submittted by you all at http://trips.lakdasun.org

You can contribute to this archive by either publishing your trip report in this board here in the forum or by sending us your trip report in MS Word file.

The idea behind the archive is to capture the memories and experience to share those with the rest of the world. We believe that this experience and advice from the seasoned travelers who are sensitive to both the natural and social environment will not only highlight the beauty of Sri Lanka to the world but will also create awareness and help conservation and responsible travel.

We can use the trip reports to emphasize on:
•   good practices (do's and don'ts) of conduct in relation to the natural and social environment,
•   raise conservation issues that are specific to your travel area
•   raise responsible travel issues and solutions you experienced
          so that the future travelers are constantly reminded of these.

Do’s and don’ts when preparing a trip report:

Please do:
1.   Use the Trip Report Template (see below).
2.   Under ‘Related resources’ acknowledge (give link) previous reports and discussions on Lakdasun on the site/s you visit
3.   Ensure your report includes conservation and responsible travel issues.
4.   Trip report should have both written information and photos.
5.   Maximum photo number 150. Please use only clear photos, and avoid similar photos. Minimise posed photos of yourself and friends (especially ‘selfies’).
6.   Reduce the size of each photos (we cannot upload large photos – see Note below)  
•   for vertically orientated photos, set the vertical side to a maximum of 500px
•   for horizontally orientated photos, set the horizontal side to a maximum of 400px  
7.   Include captions on photos.

Please do not:
1.   Do NOT promote use of alcohol, smoking, bad behavior, noise making or any other form of irresponsible travel.
2.   Do NOT promote taking excessive risks, or competitive adventure.
3.     Do NOT promote socially or environmentally destructive / irresponsible travel
4.     Please DO restrict reports to personal experience, do NOT submit reports on commercial tours, or tours by large groups.

Template:

We have come up with a simple template which will guide you how you can organise your report to make it more readable and illustrated. This template is available for download at http://www.lakdasun.org/forum/doc_base/trip_report_template.doc

Simply download the template, add your text and pictures, email it to lakdasun@gmail.com. It's as simple as a,b,c..... Smiley
{You could send your images separately but you need to number them and let us know where to insert them in the report}

Happy travel writing!

Note: 1) It is better if you resize your images before adding them to a trip report. This will make the reports small in size and easy to email. If you are not familer with images resizing please check this thread -Resizing Images for Online Posting/Trip Reports- for step by step guide and a link to a free image processing tool.
2) Also keep in mind that the Admin has all the right to do any editing if needed.

Remember, trip reports are to: “Share unforgettable memories of your excursions with the community, and report important sightings/information for the benefit of the community”  
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:51:47 AM by lakdasun » Logged

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Indrajith.rathnayake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:24 PM »

how i send 136 MB file, when i attached photos it capacity went up. please help me
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »

how i send 136 MB file, when i attached photos it capacity went up. please help me

This happens when you insert your pictures in its original resolution which is too large for web publishing. Please re-size your images so that the long side is only 600px long, save those as Jpegs and then attach the re-sized images to your trip report. This way you can reduce the size of it dramatically.

Alternatively, you can upload the 136MB file to a file sharing site such as http://www.rapidshare.com/ and send us the URL they provide. This way we can download the the report from that site.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Indrajith.rathnayake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »

ok thanks, I will try
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:21 AM »

I HAVE PREPARED MY FIRST TRIP REPORT. BUT HADSOME PROBLEMS WITH SENDING. AS IAM NOT THAT SMART IN IT CAN ENYBODY PLS TELLME STEP BY STEP HOW TO SEND IT ( fILE SIZE 438 Mb   HuhHuh?)

The Way You Think, You Become
Ashan253
Global Moderator

"Wild"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »

Hi harinda
You need to resize the images to 600*800 size and attach them..

“"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair."
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »

Thanks Ashan. I did as you mentioned. But still couldn't send. May be something wrong in my network settings. I'll try again.

kamalawarna

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »

What about sending a facebook link.?

Alternatively, you can upload the 136MB file to a file sharing site such as http://www.rapidshare.com/ and send us the URL they provide. This way we can download the the report from that site.
mohamed.hafsal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 03:44:58 AM »

Try opening the image with Microsoft office picture manager then click on edit picture and from the panel select compress picture finally select document type from button option. This will help you to compress the image.

Hafsal
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »

Thank you so much ........mohamed.hafsal
Harinda

lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »

Hi harinda
You need to resize the images to 600*800 size and attach them..

A resizing guide published here

Christy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »

Hi Harinda,

What I normally do is prepare the report on trip report format, break it into several parts, each consisting of about 20 MB, and send via gmail part by part. Smiley Wink Cheesy

Christy
Beanss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »

nice thinking guys..  Roll Eyes Cheesy
ibleedpixels

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 01:30:01 AM »

Dear Admin,

I have sent my trip report on Kumana NP visit on July 28, 2014. I hope You've received it.

Regards
ibleedpixels
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 04:46:24 AM »

Extremely sorry for the oversight. We thought we acknowledged your report but only realized that we have not done so when we saw this post.

Thanks a lot for contributing this trip report to Lakdasun. We will send you a note as soon as it comes online.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for not acknowledging your report promptly.

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: