Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists
October 21, 2018, 10:41:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Lakdasun forum has changed its face! Spend few minutes to get yourself familiar with the new look.

Home   Forum Home   Help Search Tags Login Register Email Admin  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Knuckles Duwili Eli through Walpolamulla The Most Wanted trip of the year  (Read 3865 times)
lakdasun
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »

This trip report is now available in Lakdasun Trip Report archive at - http://trips.lakdasun.org/knuckles-duwili-eli-through-walpolamulla-the-most-wanted-trip-of-the-year.htm

Enjoy reading.. You can use this thread for comments and queries.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children
Sri Abeywickrema

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »

Hi Hariyo!!!!!!!!
I'm happy, for numerous reasons... You managed to finally finish your dream hike after number of mocking calls from Ashan and me  Grin, and I'm the first to comment  Wink
If I've seen a trip planned with so much precision, this is it... It looks all the pieces of the jigsaw had fallen very neatly into place...
I believe that you too were blessed by the mother nature to do this successfully as you're truly a nature lover and intend to protect her by all means, remember, "If you live by Dhamma, You'll be protected by Dhamma" and the same goes "If you love and protect Mother Nature, she'll do the same in turn for you"...
This really is a dream come true and I too wanna do this sometime with the Old Gang of Tony, Atha and possibly Sheham too...  Cry
Thanks awfully for all the helpful tips and descriptions...
Cheers

Sheham
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »

Hi Harinda

Superb report !, very detailed, interesting to read... great achievement

Well done guys

Sheham
NG
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »

ooooohhhhhh!!!
sooo want to do this. have been thinking of it ( not really planning  Grin ) since discovering Duvili Ella cave on Lakdasun many many years ago.

you've had excellent water levels. Very very good planning and what a hike!
congrats!

N.
Tony

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »

Hi Hariya/Kumaraya & C....,

WOW!!!! A W E S O M E !!!! Patta!!! Kiyala wedak nehe!!! maarai!!!
So you did it mate..... proud about you.. and nice to see Kumaraya too joining the party.

No words to express my feelings towards you after reading the report... and surely this is a must do hike for us too

This really is a dream come true and I too wanna do this sometime with the Old Gang of Tony, Atha and possibly Sheham too...  Cry

Cheers!!!

Tony

Be like a Human, act like a Human and die like a Human
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:49:35 AM »

Hi Hariyo!!!!!!!!
I'm happy, for numerous reasons... You managed to finally finish your dream hike after number of mocking calls from Ashan and me  Grin, and I'm the first to comment  Wink
If I've seen a trip planned with so much precision, this is it... It looks all the pieces of the jigsaw had fallen very neatly into place...
I believe that you too were blessed by the mother nature to do this successfully as you're truly a nature lover and intend to protect her by all means, remember, "If you live by Dhamma, You'll be protected by Dhamma" and the same goes "If you love and protect Mother Nature, she'll do the same in turn for you"...
This really is a dream come true and I too wanna do this sometime with the Old Gang of Tony, Atha and possibly Sheham too...  Cry
Thanks awfully for all the helpful tips and descriptions...
Cheers

Hi Sri

Thanks for your encouraging comments. I am really impressed with those Cheesy Cheesy

Actually if i speak honest this was not only the most wanted trip of the year but also the most planned trip ever done by me so far Cool. Because from the beginning i knew a marginal error would have lead to a disaster . Shocked

i'd say Our trip was a story written by me and we had just to play according to the script.And the great actors ( prince and Chiran + guide ) helped by all means to make this a success. Adding to that Mother nature made us a perfect stage to play our roles . Cheesy

But I would thank the former authors Such as MALAKA , Kishan, Upul, Dilhan, Malith etc for giving so much of resources and specially to our Admin who regulated all of these resources. Without their efforts we wouldn't have done this Smiley

I will be really delighted  Cheesy if anybody( specially you ) get a pinch of info from my report when they plan their own.

Cheers

HARI

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:51:54 AM by HARINDA » Logged

The Way You Think, You Become
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 12:52:35 AM »

Hi Harinda

Superb report !, very detailed, interesting to read... great achievement

Well done guys

Sheham

Thanks sheham for the nice comments
HARI

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 12:56:40 AM »

ooooohhhhhh!!!
sooo want to do this. have been thinking of it ( not really planning  Grin ) since discovering Duvili Ella cave on Lakdasun many many years ago.

you've had excellent water levels. Very very good planning and what a hike!
congrats!

N.

Hi NG

Thanks for your comments. Ya it's a nice experience and I wish and pray that you 'd Do this near future

Cheers

HARI

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »

Hi Hariya/Kumaraya & C....,

WOW!!!! A W E S O M E !!!! Patta!!! Kiyala wedak nehe!!! maarai!!!
So you did it mate..... proud about you.. and nice to see Kumaraya too joining the party.

No words to express my feelings towards you after reading the report... and surely this is a must do hike for us too

Cheers!!!

Tony

HI Mr. Tony thanks for your long encouraging comments Cheesy
I Wish you all too to do this successfully
Trail is difficult but very doable if you plan well. Cool
If there is a will there is a way...........so age won't be a barrier tooooo
 Grin Wink Cheesy Tongue
Good luck

HARI

Malaka S

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »

Hi Harinda,

No words.... It was great... Shocked Shocked
Long time planing + bit of luck made it possible.
Your report reminds me lot of things.
Thanks for nice descriptive report.

Regards,
Malaka

Sri Lanka---- The small Miracle
Ananda Welikala

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »

Guys,
A very interesting trip report. All of you have seem to have enjoyed the adventure. Love the photos.

I see that there is a lesson that all of us can take from this.

Plan and be focused on the target.

Well done.

Regds

Ana

Ana
KasunDes
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

hey Hari,

AWESOME, simply A W E S O M E . . . !
I also want to do this hike so badly. had you not planned this on weekdays, I also would have joined..
congratz for making your dream come true.
thanks for the detailed and superb report with lovely pictures.

BR,
Kasun
Niroshan
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »

Hi Hari,
Marvelous trip and trip report. This shows your planning skills and how it brings you to target. Wanna do this soon and definitely this would be my guide. Thanks for putting all the information about  Knuckles Duwili Falls together.
BR
Niroshan
HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »

Hi Harinda,

No words.... It was great... Shocked Shocked
Long time planing + bit of luck made it possible.
Your report reminds me lot of things.
Thanks for nice descriptive report.

Regards,
Malaka

Hi Malaka Brother

Thanks so much for your comments Cheesy
Actually when i  went knuckles last year ( Knuckles peaks to Thangappuwa ) in April 2013 MAHESH was my main resource personal
Now when i went knuckles This April You were my main resource personal. Cheesy

Although you guys are not much appeared in the forum now,  the The magnificent & Hard work done you all in the past is really helpful to present and future viewers Shocked Smiley . Although you are younger than me , when it comes to Lakdasun I really respect you as a senior Wink Cool

Thanks & Regards

HARI

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:33:45 AM by HARINDA » Logged

HARINDA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »

Guys,
A very interesting trip report. All of you have seem to have enjoyed the adventure. Love the photos.

I see that there is a lesson that all of us can take from this.

Plan and be focused on the target.

Well done.

Regds

Ana

Hi Ananda

Thanks a lot for your encouraging comments.
i am delighted to hear that you liked the report Cheesy

Cheers

HARI

Lakdasun Forum - Online Home of Sri Lanka's Nature Lovers, Eco-Travelers and Conservationists

Tags: Knuckles | Walpolamulla | Kalupahana | Etanwala | Rambukoluwa | 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: